Tooth Extractions – Jacksonville, FL
Easy & Comfortable Tooth Removal
No one likes the idea of having a tooth removed (especially Dr. Schumacher), but often, this is the best way to help a patient who has a tooth that is beyond saving. Leaving a severely decayed or cracked tooth in place can allow a relatively isolated issue to affect the nearby teeth, therefore leading to more pain and dysfunction. If you have a problem tooth that needs to go, you can trust that Dr. Schumacher will do everything he can to make the process as comfortable as possible. And, he can also help you quickly replace the tooth with one of our custom-made restorations.
Why Choose James L. Schumacher
for Tooth Extractions?
- Dentist with 30+ Years of Experience
- Multiple Sedation Options to Calm Any Nerves
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
Why Tooth Extractions Are Necessary
- Advanced Decay: If a cavity has already damaged most of a tooth, and the infection is threatening to spread to the nearby teeth, an extraction will be recommended to protect the rest of the mouth.
- Severe Trauma: A tooth can become so broken that the remaining structure can’t be trusted to support a restoration, in which case extracting and replacing it is the best course of action.
- Denture Preparation: Patients in need of dentures often have a few failing teeth remaining, so these will be removed to ensure the prosthetic has the best possible fit.