CEREC Crowns – Jacksonville, FL
Fast, Functional, and Beautiful Restorations
If you have ever gotten a dental crown in the past, you might recall that the process required at least two trips to your dentist’s office. Between the appointments, you had to wear a temporary restoration. While that old-fashioned process is still practical in some cases, we tend to prefer a more streamlined approach to creating dental crowns: CEREC. We can make these beautiful, functional, and durable dental crowns in Jacksonville in a single appointment!
Why Choose James L. Schumacher for CEREC Crowns?
- Fast, One-Visit Restorations
- Natural-Looking Results
- Friendly & Knowledgeable Team
What Is a CEREC Dental Crown?
CEREC is an acronym that stands for “chairside economic restorations of esthetic ceramics.” That’s quite a mouthful, but the actual concept is pretty simple. We have special technology in our office that allows us to design and fabricate a custom porcelain crown right here in our office.
CEREC crowns are made out of high-quality materials and are designed to last just as long as their traditionally manufactured counterparts. They can also address many of the same problems as traditional crowns, including decayed teeth, misshapen teeth, and more.
The CEREC Dental Crown Process
The CEREC crown process starts off similarly to the traditional crown process. First, we have to prepare your tooth by removing a bit of enamel. This is to ensure that your restoration will fit well and won’t interfere with your bite. Then, we take detailed impressions of your mouth. However, instead of using manual impression trays and goopy impression material, the CEREC process utilizes advanced digital scanning technology. We simply move a scanning wand around your mouth. It captures thousands of images of your teeth and assembles them into an accurate, 3D representation of your smile.
You’ll get to relax as your dentist in Jacksonville uses state-of-the-art software to design your crown. Once the design is finalized, our in-house milling unit will create the crown out of a single block of dental-grade porcelain (this part of the process typically takes less than 30 minutes). When the restoration is ready, we will verify its fit before we attach it to your tooth.
The Benefits of Getting a CEREC Dental Crown
CEREC crowns offer some outstanding advantages:
- You can save time by making just one trip to our office instead of two.
- CEREC crowns are carefully shaped and shade-matched to blend in flawlessly with the surrounding teeth.
- The price of CEREC crowns is comparable to that of traditional crowns, and insurance usually pays for about 50% of their cost.
- With proper care, a CEREC crown has the potential to last for 10 years or longer.
- You will not have to wear a temporary crown. Temporary crowns have a reputation for being uncomfortable. They can even fall off and expose your prepared tooth to painful outside stimuli.
Would you like to learn more about CEREC dental crowns and how this remarkable technology may benefit you? Contact our office today to ask questions or schedule a restorative consultation.