Summer is almost here, which means it’s time to dig through the closet to find that old bathing suit and start planning outdoor get-togethers with friends and family. However, if you’re missing teeth or wearing poorly fitting dentures, summer cookout staples like corn on the cob or ribs can be a challenge to eat. Not to mention, you might feel self-conscious about smiling or taking photos with loved ones. If you want to get back to smiling with confidence and eating with ease, consider replacing your teeth with dental implants this summer. Continue reading to find out why summer is the perfect time to get dental implants in Jacksonville.
Reasons to Get Dental Implants
As the only tooth replacement that recreates lost teeth from the roots up, dental implants deliver several unique benefits, including:
- Stability – Because dental implants are firmly embedded in the jaw, you can trust that they won’t slip like dentures do.
- Lifelike appearance – The dental crown, bridge, or denture that goes on top of the implants is personalized to mimic your natural teeth.
- Restored chewing power – While dentures only bring back about 30% of your original chewing ability, dental implants restore it almost completely.
- Prevention of bone loss – Dental implants stimulate the jawbone every time you bite or chew, preventing the bone loss that usually occurs with missing teeth.
- Long-lasting results – As long as you take good care of them, dental implants can last for decades!
Why Summer Is the Perfect Time to Start Rebuilding Your Smile
The multiple benefits of dental implants are made possible thanks to a process called osseointegration, in which the implant fuses with the jawbone. Osseointegration can take several months, making summer the ideal time to start the process.
For the first few days after your implant placement surgery, you’ll want to stick to a soft diet. The good news is that there are plenty of classic summer foods that are soft, like mashed potatoes, ice cream, and applesauce.
Lastly, if you begin the dental implant treatment process in summer, chances are you’ll be done in time for the winter holiday season. You’ll be able to show off your brand-new pearly whites at all of the holiday gatherings!
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Are you sick of dealing with missing teeth? Are you fed up with dentures that always slip? If so, you’re probably eligible for dental implants. In fact, they have a success rate as high as 95 percent! Generally, dental implant candidates must have three qualities:
- Healthy gums and teeth
- A strong, dense jawbone
- Great oral hygiene habits
You deserve to have fun in the sun while also feeling proud of your smile. To make the most of this summer and the summers to come, contact your dentist to learn more about dental implants.
About the Author
Dr. James L. Schumacher has over 40 years of experience in the dental field. After graduating from the University of Florida’s dental school, he pursued extensive post-graduate training. As a result, he is able to complete the entire dental implant process under one roof! To find out how you can rebuild your smile with dental implants in Jacksonville, you can reach Dr. Schumacher at 904-388-3559.